I was going to post about my goals for 2014, but it makes sense to first look back at 2013 and what worked and what didn’t. Overall, I can see the year as modest progress.
The positive things this year:
• After starting to attend Weight Watchers meetings again in late February, I lost 8 pounds this year, weighing in last Friday at 186.8 pounds. I got to a 10% from my highest weight of 207.4 pounds.
• According to my scale at home, from January 4th to today I lost 9.6 pounds this year going from 195.1 pounds to 185.5 pounds.
• I got a Fitbit One in March and have consistently worn it (or my new Fitbit Force) since then.
• My husband and I started walking outside in April in our somewhat hilly subdivision and loved it.
• We bought a treadmill and have used it.
• I have eaten more vegetables this year and have overall eaten in a more healthy manner.
• In the last 12 weeks, I’ve missed only one WW meeting.
• I’ve consistently recorded what I’ve eaten the entire year only missing a few days.
• I found a new hairdresser and changed my hair color to something I love and am working to maintain it.
• I tested my personal reaction to gluten by going gluten free during December (except when I forgot and ate some cookies with gluten in them). I will add it back in during January and see if I feel any different.
• I started this blog, keeping myself focused on my weight loss and self-improvement.
• During December, I increased my average daily steps by over 1000 steps from the several months before. [Read more…]